We had planned on going camping for the 4th of July, but Mother Nature decided to be mean and give us 60 degree overcast weather. Well, we showed her! We got a hotel room up at Silver Mountain and enjoyed the indoor water park for 2 days! It was so nice just to "get out of town" for a little trip!
So when we got there, we took all our stuff up to our room and were ready for fun at the water park! We were waiting for the elevator, along with another family and when the elevator door opened, the people in front of us got in, but I wasn't sure if there was enough room for our family of 6. But they said there was enough room. So as we're getting into it, I see this man that looks really familiar. So, I go, "You look REALLY familiar to me." And he just smiled and I go "Are you from California?" he goes "Yes." I go "Are you President Wood?" he said "Yes!" He was our Stake President while we lived in Folsom, and while the Sacramento Temple was being built. He and his wife were just in a fatal car accident a year ago in June. They were on their way home from Girl's Camp, when their car rolled and his wife was killed instantly. So, you can imagine my surprise to see him in northern Idaho, with a woman. He was at the resort with his fiance, for her family reunion. I am still just shocked at the chances of seeing him. I mean, what are the odds, seriously!?? Anyways, he is such a sweet man and he looked so good.... especially considering all that he's been through in the last year! It's such a small world!
Here's a short video of Hailey doing the Wave Rider. Logan's video was too long, so I thought I'd spare you! :)


5 comments:
Whoa! That is crazy. I had no idea he was getting married and I live in Folsom still! Good for him.
Why didn't you just make the short trip to Ca instead!? ;)
Men get married fast...which is a good thing I have learned...that is a weird coincidence...
I want to go to that resort. Keith and Calie have gone several times in the winter with the kids.
Next summer Chay and I and the family are making a week long trip to spokane- I think we will have to stop in Kellog...
Miss you Jaynee
No way! Small world for sure! I'm glad he's getting married, such a great man. Sounds like a fun vacation!
Fun...I'm glad you guys got our for a break.
Your kids are so adorable. I love it.
Wow! I did hear he was engaged. How cool you saw him!
Post a Comment