This year, I decided to "try" to put Hudson in preschool. We "tried" putting Logan in when he was 3 and he screamed and cried for 2 whole weeks, so I pulled him out and it was the best decision!
Hudson started preschool a day before Logan and Hailey's first day. It was really weird, because usually preschool doesn't start until after the elementary does, but for some reason, it was a day before. He was so excited to take his Superhero backpack to school and be such a big kid! He did really good when I took him in and hung up his backpack and everything, but the excitement soon turned into "wait, my mom doesn't stay with me?" Then the tears and hanging-on-to-my-leg-for-dear-life began. I helped him find a "center" to play with and gave him a kiss and left. Oh my gosh, it broke my heart. After school that day, they said he just sat in the "house" center and wouldn't join the other kids for circle time. I think he did warm up enough to have snack, but it was heartbreaking for me to hear. He cried for the first 2 weeks.... but just on Tuesdays (the days that I would take him). My friend that I started carpooling with said that he never cried when she took him. He's such a little stinker! I'd been being played the whole time! LOL Anyways, he's great now. Every once in awhile, he'll still get a little emotional and grab my leg and want another hug, but for the most part, he excitedly asks if he has school tomorrow. It's hard to explain that he only goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays! :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment