
I'm past the point of no return... I'm a PHAN for life!
Rob and I went and saw "Phantom of the Opera" while the US tour was here in Spokane. Rob didn't care for it too much... (you can see his review of it here ), but I thought it was AMAZING!!! We had never seen it, (the play, movie, or read the book), so I didn't really know much about it. Thankfully, Heather let me borrow her "Phantom" movie, and I was hooked!
I began counting down the days until we were going to see it. The Phantom's singing voice was AMAZING! I wasn't too impressed with Christine's or Raoul's, but the orchestra made up for it! The music is so amazing and powerful! I listen to it almost every day and I have started reading "Phantom" by Susan Kay. Poor Phantom. Yes, I know he has some MAJOR issues, but how can you not feel sorry for him??? When I first saw the movie, my favorite part was when Christine and Raoul sing "All I ask of you"... but NOW, my favorite part is "The Point of No Return".... whoa.
What's your favorite part/song? (Please no "dissing" the Phantom")


3 comments:
I love it all, love the mask, love the music, love the man, and love the dramatic chandelier crashing to the stage. I love it all. It's totally ok that you have my movie, but hurry up and finish the book. I want to read it after you LOL Pretty please???
I love that he goes so far to prove his love to Christine. I would love to be seduced by his music. LOL
I've seen Phantom in SF and I loved it! My sister used to play the songs on the piano and we'd sing the songs, or try. GOod times.
Mascarade is my favorite and always has been. There is something about having a HUGE group of voices singing all together in unison/harmony that gives me the chills. I LOVE IT!
Having said that, "The Point of No Return" is awesome, too.
Post a Comment