Wednesday, November 4, 2009

15 years



















I met the man of my dreams 15 years ago today... I know. I'm silly for remembering, but he remembers too! :) So, I thought it'd be fun to try and surprise the 'hardest-person-in-the-world TO-surprise' by putting together a little something for this momentous occasion.

I started by calling our office manager on Monday to see if Rob had any appointments scheduled for today. Thankfully he didn't. So, we conjured up a fake name for one of my friends and set up a "fake" appointment for today at 11:30. I then called my friend and told her what was going on and she was such a trooper! Thanks MINDY!!! Then I called Clinkerdagger's (a special place I took him once when we were dating) and made the reservation. Did I mention that Rob is not an easy person to surprise? So, I had to think of every single last little detail.

So today, I got a phone call from "Tiffany" (my friend Mindy), telling me that "Rob from California Closets" just called to confirm their appointment at 11:30. I was soo excited. Even though I was still worried that he might recognize Mindy's voice, I kept the faith. Then Amy (our office manager) called and said he had just left and that he had no idea anything was going on. So, I left to head downtown to the restaurant and I was about a block away from it, when I see Rob's truck parked on the side of the road. It wasn't a very busy road, so I couldn't just turn around without him seeing me... so I just drove past him. About 30 seconds later, my phone rings. Looking back, I should have just ignored it, but I answered it. "Are you downtown by the Arena by chance?" By this time, I was so excited that I had gotten him, I just told him the truth. (there's not too many white suburban's with a dent in the back left fender). He's like "What are you doing?" I go, "I'm your 11:30 appointment!" There was a long pause... "What?" (I was laughing so hard.) "I'm Tiffany!" Another long pause... "Wait... honey, I'm soo confused! What number did you have me call you at to confirm the appointment?" "It was Mindy Wright!" Another long pause... "OH MY GOSH HONEY!!!" It was seriously so awesome to be able to surprise him for the first time since I met him. Lunch was out of this world and it was definitely a day we'll always remember.
At lunch, Rob asked me if the last 15 years have turned out the way I had expected it. I had to laugh. To be honest, I never thought in a million years that I would be lucky enough to marry him and have 3 beautiful children (almost 4) with him. He is truly the man of my dreams and I am the luckiest girl in the world!


6 comments:

April said...

what an awesome story Jaynee...

you did get lucky! I love Rob. I love you!

I love your family. There is such a good feeling when I am in your home.

Amy said...

What a fun suprise. Love the picture it's totally 90's and did you have perm? I used to get them all the time lol.

Melanie said...

He he...you sure got him. Way to go. 15 years....that's like....FOREVER. WoW! You guys sure look a lot different then. It took me a few minutes before I knew which couple you were. :)

Randi said...

i got all giddy just reading that. I LOVE surprising husbands. Not that I have more than one. But it is SO hard!!! How fun! I bet lunch was fantastic. :)

Bill Wright said...

Jaynee, you are the best. Rob is very lucky to have you as his wife!
Papa Bill

Mike and Jenny said...

Loved the story!