born February 20th, 2010
9:28 pm
9 lbs.
20 inches
Berkley Jayne decided to come even earlier than our scheduled induction.
How to get your baby to come early:
go to chiropractor
eat an Albertson's maple bar
Plan a lunch date with a friend (who is due a day after you)
Plan to pack your hospital bag
Schedule a hair appointment
Plan to get a pedicure
Oh and also make sure that it's a day that your husband HAS to work
These are all things that I had 'planned' to do on Saturday... I only got through the first 3.
While I was getting ready to go to lunch with a friend, I started having fairly intense contractions. Deciding that it was probably 'false labor pains', I kept getting ready to go to lunch. My friend got to my house at about noon and I told her that I'd been having contractions, but that I'd just call Rob if he needed to come get me. So all throughout lunch, I had very intense contractions and by the time we were almost done, the contractions were about 5-6 minutes apart. By the time we pulled into my driveway, they were even closer. Rob was at a retirement home, giving presentations on 'home organization', so my mom and dad were at my house watching the kids and setting up the baby's crib. I told them that I felt like I needed to go to the hospital... just to get checked.
So, I got changed into something more comfortable, all the while breathing through contractions. By the time we got to the hospital, the contractions were about 4 minutes apart. By the time I got registered and put into a room, they checked me and I was dilated to a 3. Needless to say, they weren't letting me leave. It was exciting, but upsetting all at the same time. Rob wasn't with me and I couldn't get a hold of him, the doctor 'on call' was someone who I had heard unsatisfactory things about, they wouldn't call MY doctor to come in, my hospital bag wasn't packed, I couldn't get my hair done or get my pedicure! LOL Silly things, I know, but you know how you get when things don't go your way and there's nothing you can do about it! :)
I finally did get a hold of Rob and luckily, a woman that used to be in our ward is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital and I had her cell phone # and she told me to call her at any time!!! So I called her and told her I was in labor. SHE CAME IN ON HER DAY OFF and took care of me until Berkley was born. She was sooooooo amazingly awesome. And the dr. 'on call' was super nice, funny, supportive , encouraging and all around great during the delivery. I was so blessed on so many levels.
The delivery itself was one of the most excruciating of all my deliveries, but the minute Berkley was born, it was the most wonderful feeling in the world! There is nothing like it. It made all the hard things I went through the previous 8 1/2 months worth every second! We adore Berkley and can't imagine our lives without her. We are so very blessed and I still find myself crying in awe at the miracle of being able to have this sweet child of our Heavenly Father sent to our home.


10 comments:
She really is gorgeous! Im so glad she came to your family, she really is sweet and so precious. Its amazing that they grow up, that they become "people" and that we have the privledge of raising them. Congratulations on her delivery. Its funny how hard the delivery is and we're thinking "Are we crazy for doing this again?" Then the minute their born we forget all those doubts and its all worth it. Amazing, but truly how it should be. You rock girl enjoy her!
She is beautiful. We are so excited for you. I am completely amazed by your ability to feel great after delivering an almost 10lb. baby. Hope you and the baby are doing well. Congrats!
Melanie Schipaanboord
Congratulations! She is adorable! hope you are doing well!
Congrats! Glad everything worked out so well in the end. She's adorable.
She is so sweet and looks like a wright! I can't wait to meet her I am watching your kids for you one day this week just let me know which day. So sorry about the hair and pedicure it's nice to have those things done before the new one arrives but she is darling!
She is gorgeous! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to see her this summer, first weekend in August, Moses Lake!
Yeay....Congratulations! I am soooo excited for you guys.
She is a beauty. You lucky girl. Oh...and I love the name. Fits you guys to a "T".
Oh Jaynee! She is so pretty! Just beautiful! congratulations! I love the name and I'm so excited for you guys! I love your list of things to do... sounds like mine right before I have a baby! Glad Rob made it and you had a wonderful experience! Love you!!!
oh my Jaynee you have 4 kids now.
What happened????
How are you?
How are your boobs?
Has your milk come in yet? Are you just wasted beyond anything?
Well the precious little girl is finally out...you can finally get out of bed without a struggle...now the only problem is you aren't getting any sleep. I wish I could help somehow. I wish I could take Hudson during the day so you could just lay around and sleep whenever Berkley is sleeping. Let's pray she is an amazing feeder and sleeper and it will all be bliss from here on out.
I love you Jaynee. I care about you. Call me if you are about to have an emotional breakdown- I will do all I can to get your mind off your life for a moment.
Berkley really is beautiful...oh what a precious little perfect thing. There is just something about baby girls. Oh and that skin and little body. Oh how cute Jaynee. I wish I could hold her.
Love you. I am thinking about you.
Yay Jaynee! Did u go all natural!? Congrats! She's way cute!
Post a Comment