Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ultrasound

Last Friday (2/5), we had an ultrasound. My OB likes to do one at 36-37 weeks to see how big the baby is, and to see if her head is down and everything. The good news is, she looks like she's in the right position... the bad news? She already weighs roughly 9 pounds!!! He was taking the measurements and went to the screen where it shows the estimated weight and he blurts out: "9 POUNDS?!?!" Rob laughed and I said "WHAT?!?!" He goes, "I guess I need to work on my poker face!" So, he took the measurements again and it was just about the same. I reminded him that #3 was 9'14 and he said "Well, it looks like she is trying to compete with big brother!" He suggested that I get induced at 39 weeks... so we set the induction for Monday, February 22nd... (unless I change my mind.) We are very excited for her arrival! And pray that everything will go smoothly! :)

5 comments:

Aubree said...

Oh my! Poor Jaynee!! :) Hopefully he is off a little!! At least you know it will be over soon!!

April said...

I am sorry you were sick...that sounds so awful, especially being so pregnant and hating life as it already is....oh dear.

big babies are the best- nice and healthy...

I'm thinking of you...big month...I hope this little girl is a GOOD sleeper like Hudson.

Melanie said...

Holy Cow! I don't envy that. My biggest was 8 lb 7 oz. Hopefully this guy stays under that.

Good luck...it's so soon!

Amy said...

Ya Ashlyn was due March 2 and I had her a week early too. I am sure she will be ready to come and it will go smoothly. Please let me help in any way I can. We still need to have a girls night before she comes.

Cristi said...

Jaynee, you are like wonder woman to me!