Thursday, April 8, 2010

The "Babymoon"

Babymoon: the period after a woman has a baby, in which time she is free to lie around in her pyjamas for weeks, even months on end. (urbandictionary.com)
I can't believe Berkley is already 6 weeks old. (I have a feeling I'm going to keep saying this alot!) It seems like the past few weeks have been a dream and I am just waking up. Which makes me realize that the "babymoon" is over. It's time to get dressed and ready for the day and take on my previous responsibilities.... i.e. taking my turn again in the carpool (thank you so much Shannan, Cindy and Robyn for all you've done!), having my kids' friends over again for playdates (thank you so much Cindy, Amy, Robyn, Heather, Jani, Christine, Melissa and Mindy for all you've done!), and making dinner again (I have made dinner every night this week... ya, i'm pretty awesome! I even made Easter dinner!), just to name a few! ;)

6 weeks... the time when I feel like it's not ok for me to look like this anymore. So... goodbye to wearing my cozy, wonderful robe (thanks Liz!) all day long. So long Coconut Cream Pie (I will never admit to anyone how many we have bought in the last couple weeks!) So long lemon bars! (As you can see, I have a HUGE sweet tooth after I have a baby and when I nurse! I crave maple bars and french toast after I give birth! And I actually have never even been a fan of pie OR lemon bars... weird.)

Time to try and survive being a mom of 4... without going crazy! Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

April said...

oh Jaynee...who says the babymoon has to be over at 6 weeks? I never fully function until the babies are 6 months old it seems.

I bet you are beautiful in a bath robe-

I love you- you are strong and brave. I am the biggest wimp with a newborn. How is Berkley sleeping? I go nuts with boobs that hurt, my crotch healing, no sleep...hard hard time...I wish mom's could go to a post partum get away resort and get pampered for at least 6 weeks.

I miss you. I can't wait to see your little girl. More pictures please!

Chari said...

I second April, I think we get at least six MONTHS! Hmmm, that means I still have a month to go, sweet!

I'm sure you'll be amazing as mom for four just like you are for three. Good luck!

Oh, and let me know if and when you want to start running again... ;-)

Heather said...

Can a babymoon last list 5 almost 6 years??? cuz i still cry lol

Melanie said...

Man...I want a babymoon. I am too crazy to sit around in my pj's. getting showered and dressed in a good way to ward off the post partum. I really don't want to deal with that again.