Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Little Runaway




Today, we were sitting in the "overflow" during sacrament meeting and Hudson kept trying to 'escape' so he could run behind the rows of chairs in the gym behind us, (which just so happens to have wood floors, not carpet). We were able to keep him contained for most of the meeting until he snuck by Rob's leg and was a free man. He started running back towards the stage, so Rob looked at me and said we had to play "Rock Paper Scissors" to see who would have to go get him....(we play 'best out of three'). Well, the game took a little longer than usual because we kept tying, but right as I lost to Rob's ROCK, I looked up and saw Hudson pulling himself up onto the piano bench about to perform his concerto. I ran (as reverently and as fast as I could) before he could make too much of a scene, but it was too late. The damage was done and as I looked back at the congregation, there were many people looking back at us laughing. Ya, it was pretty embarrassing. Then after church, a member of the bishopric came up to me and told me how impressed he was at how fast I could run in high heels... nice.

9 comments:

April said...

oh I seriously have major issues with my children when it comes to sacrament meeting- Sacrament is last so the kids are awful!!!!

ok this is so funny- the best part is how paper rocks sissors is the reason for the delay on getting Hudson....I can imagine him running out into a busy street and you and Rob and trying to get best out of three with paper rocks sissors...LOL just kidding.

Sometimes I just want to let julia go in church and just let her crawl over to some other family to bug and entertain...

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

That's pretty funny! Don't worry, we all have those moments. We play paper rock scissors to decide who has to change the dirty diapers! I never win though.

Nicole Brown said...

Can't you control your children? Just Kidding. At least you are there. I have recently been arriving right before the closing prayer to avoid the entire meeting. Sad, but I justify it. You put the husband in the bishopric, the wife is allowed to go inactive right?

Amy said...

That is too funny I am so sad we missed it. I am sure you looked so cute running :). Love the new backround glad you got it to work.

Heather said...

hahahaha I freaking love Hudson!!! I wish that was the naughtiest thing my kids have ever done. I am sorry that we missed it too. Geez had I known that church was going to be that fun, I would have gone LOL, would you call me next time? And didn’t we talk about high heels?? They are all about fashion and no function!!!

Randi said...

you didn't mention hailey failing to the floor! oh man, rough morning for you guys. no one thinks its as bad as the parents do though.. :)

Erin McSpadden said...

so funny, we've all been there. I have to say though, i got stuck in nursery with my little guy on sunday and after kneeling for what seemed like and hour i had to stand up to stretch my legs and when i did your little guy ran over hugged my leg and started crying like i was gonna leave. Not my boy no! lol it was sweet!

Cristi said...

He is looking so grown up! I can't believe it!

Chari said...

Wow, where was I? That's so funny though! He is such a cute kid, how can you be mad at that sweet little face?!