Monday, August 18, 2008

Matilda



Why I love this movie:

The best one liners of any movie, save Napoleon Dynamite. "Listen you little wise acre! I'm smart, you're dumb. I'm big, you're little. I'm right, you're wrong, and there's nothin' you can do about it."

Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman... LOL

Ms. Trunchbull: "Use the rod, beat the child, that's my motto."

The chocolate cake part. I think it cured me of my never-ending craving for the All-American Chocolate Cake from Costco.

It makes my kids realize that I'm not THAT mean of a mom, after all.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

arah said...

hey Jaynee,
thought i would stop by and say hello. By the way, MAtilda is one of my favorite movies too.

The Lenehan Family said...

I love that movie. It's been forever since I've seen it!

Melanie said...

I love this movie. Nothing better than a bunch of white trash people to entertain us. What a good time. Now I must go out and rent it. Do you think Rob will watch it with me? He He. Only if I tied him to the chair.

April said...

Have you read the book? I read this book when I was 10-I don't think I have seen the movie but the book is awesome- arnold dahl is such a good author...

oh my gosh I want some of that huge chocolate of a thing at costco...can you believe the size of that thing?

The Longhursts said...

Hi Jaynee,

I just linked here from Sharla's site and YES! I love Matilda! Sometimes I just have to "let" the kids think they are choosing the movie to watch. I have actually, in all truthfulness, caught myself saying to one or another of my own children, "I'm big, you're little. I'm right, you're wrong....." etc, etc. Then we have a good laugh.

Shannon said...

I agree! Matilda is the best. I love how she had been carrying around adoption papers since she was old enough to use the copy machine at the library! So funny! How are you guys? We miss you!