Saturday, September 6, 2008

Roughin' It


What do you do when your husband has an overnight camping trip and you're stuck with 3 kids that are mad that they don't get to go camping too?












You go to your parents' house, build a campfire and make S'mores.  Then if you're lucky and have an awesome dad that will put up a tent and blow up the air mattress for you and the kids, you get all nice and cozy and sleep in the tent with your little rascals.   Except then you have your youngest (Hudson) sleep inside with the grandparents... VOILA!  A perfect plan!  It rained while we were falling asleep.   I LOVE the sound of rain hitting the tent, (as long as the tent doesn't leak!)  LOL  Luckily, it didn't!   To top off the 'experience', my dad made his famous breakfast... french toast, omelets, hash browns, bacon.... ya, it was pretty awesome.   The kids had a blast and I enjoyed not having to do it all by myself!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Logan looked so big and so old in his back to school pictures! We want to come visit sometime soon. The fair sounds fun but what I really want is some of your dad's famouse breakfasts!!!

Melanie said...

What an awesome idea. Hey, do you think if I called your parents they would do the same thing for me? Just kidding. I would never do that. I would make Rob...... :) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Parents are AWESOME!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

HOW FUN!!! Gotta love Grandma and Grandpa!

Heather said...

now that is my kind of camping!!!!!

Cristi said...

You parents are awesome!