Monday, April 20, 2009

Being watched over




Yesterday afternoon, Logan was out back riding his bike.  Rob and I were sitting at the dining room table, when all of a sudden we heard one of the kids crying.  I thought that it was Hailey (as it so often is when she plays with her big brother), and I was waiting for her to come running into the house to tell on him... but the crying stayed in one place and we found out that Hailey was still in the house.  So Rob ran outside to find Logan in one of our window wells, with his bike on top of him.  Our window wells are about 5 feet deep, so we know it was quite a fall for him.   He has a few scrapes, bumps and bruises, but overall, is just fine.  I am so very thankful for Heavenly Father watching over him.  I mean, the WINDOW didn't even break!  He said he was riding in the gravel and hit a rock and fell down into the window well, and then his bike fell on top of his head.   It was so sad when he came inside and was spitting out sand and blood from his bloody lip.  


Then, tonight when Rob was putting Logan to bed, he was getting his blankets all situated, when he found a sewing 'pin' in the blanket that my Grandma just made for Logan.  Normally, if he was just using this blanket on top of all his other covers, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but he has been putting it on top of his pillow and sleeping ON it for the last week!  I just can't believe that he didn't get poked in the eye with it or his face somewhere! It makes me cringe to think what could have happened.   So, once again, Logan was definitely being watched over.    And I am soooo very thankful!  Isn't it amazing to think about how much our children are being watched over without us even knowing!

3 comments:

April said...

um..all grandma blankets need to be thoroughly inspected...Kenzie's great grandma made her this blanket and we found like 10 pins...I couldn't believe it. The lady is like 90...and the sweet soul can hardly see anymore- I should have known before hand.

Oh Logan- I can't believe he survived a window well fall- time to get those bars/guards things to put over the top-

Cristi said...

TOday Brooke and I were walking holding hands at Fresh Choice and she was trying to get away and I tripped over her and fell on her HARD. She was totally fine, though, and barely even cried. I felt like she had to be protected to not be at least winded by a person 10x her size!!!

Kelly said...

Yeah I would look into some kind of covering for the window wells that can be easily pushed up and open.

Wow, what a blessing!