Last week I was working out on the treadmill, and an old man got onto the machine next to me and he started talking to me. I had my earbuds in, so I couldn't hear him. So, I took them out and He goes, "Are you a race walker?" My reply was of course, "No, I'm not."
"You have the best race-walking form of anyone I've ever seen! I have been coming to the gym for years and I have never seen anyone have as good a form as you do!" (Honestly, I was like, is this guy for real?!) He went on to tell me that he is 72 years old and he used to be a race walking coach and he's never seen anyone have such a natural ability to race walk. LOL As you can imagine, I was dying laughing inside! He ended with telling me that he would really encourage me to pursue learning the technique more fully and to start racing. Sadly, he told me that the only races that are in the state of Washington are held in Seattle... DARN! After he left, the man on the machine to my left goes, "Remember your friends when you make your first million!" And it was President MacFarlane! (For my friends living outside of Spokane, he used to be my Stake President! LOL)
1 hour ago


10 comments:
That's hilarious Jaynee!! You go racewalker...sweat, sweat, sweat! I can totally see you racewalking, I mean come on...you've got the best technique around! Keep it up! Do you have a sweet sweatband yo uwear when you train? If not, you should totally get one!
oh my gosh- I am laughing so hard. YOU SHOULD BE A RACEWALKER!!!!!
That video....oh my- where did you find that?
Have you ever seen racewalking at the olympics? It is so weird...it is like they are almost running.
LOL- now I want to see you in action.
That is very funny! What a compliment. I wish I could walk as good as you. :)
What a nice guy.
That is great! Why don't you racewalk yourself down to Folsom for a visit???
Too funny your must of really been shaking it :).
HAHAHAHA!!!! I am freaking laughing so hard right now! FOR REAL????? Too funny!
Boy, I feel a nickname comin on!
That is so funny! Are you sure he was not just picking up on you?
This is so funny! I think you should pick up the sport! LOL.
Jaynee, that is hilarious. My sister and sister-in-law seriously race walk eachother all of the time. They both think they are the best. I so want you to challenge them the next time they come up here. That would be awesome. I'll even buy a candy bar for the winner!
Post a Comment