Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cable, Internet, Phone OH MY!


So... I got my Comcast bill and about had a hernia... Apparently our 1 year "promotion" ended....

We could totally do without tv, but we need the internet service and phone, so what's a girl to do?!?  Is it just me or does it seem absurd to pay $200/month for these services?  Does anyone have a suggestion for a better option?  

8 comments:

Baba said...

Your blog came up on my reader...I had this same issue (along with my other friends). The trick is to call Comcast and say you're cancelling you service. When they ask why (trust me, they will) tell them that it's too expensive. They ALWAYS offer another promotional deal. I'm always nervous about threatening to cancel in case they see through my bluff but they never have and I've always gotten a better deal.

I have friends who have done this for years...and always get the current promotion. Good luck!

Melanie said...

Switch phone companies and bank on their promo's. It totally sucks but it works most of the time.

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Same thing happened to us and we just called and told them we wanted to cancel and they extended the promo price for another 6 months.

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

Just give it all up Jaynee. Surrender to technology and become one with the earth...

we pay $60 for cable and internet- and then 70$ for cell phones- Chay and I both- so we just dropped the homeline-

There are a lot of companies that offer homelines through the internet- vonage is one- but there is one cheaper out there- I just don't know the name- basic cable is only $15 dollars a month here- so...there is probably a way...to redce your bill...just a pain to get it all together...

Cristi said...

We have cell phones only, no home lines, to save money. We can't live without the internet though. Good luck!

The Bartlett Family said...

I actually write down when my promotion price is going to end, then about a month before I call and say either change my promotion, or I'm gone and it has worked every time! I have done it for years! I have changed companies a little bit to save money, I don't think having it all through the same place is cheapest, but I just keep telling them to change it. We never know which TV channels we'll end up with!

Kim said...

Ditto to several of these ideas. I have done the cell phone only thing for over a year, and it's great - especially if you have a rollover minutes plan, since you can store them up. You could look into Skype as well if you want to talk on the phone via your computer. They have some very cheap plans or you can buy any dollar amount you want (it's like 2 cents/min). And if you push Comcast, they will always give in!