Monday, April 27, 2009

Cleaning out the pipes

**** WARNING!!! NOT FOR THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS****

For the past few months, we have been dealing with one of the sinks in our master bathroom not draining.  We kept pouring Drano down, and it didn't work.  Finally fed up, Rob took apart the pipes the other day and this is the lovely thing that came out... 








No, it's not a mouse, or a dead frog, with 1 back leg and 1 front leg... it's sick, gross, disgusting hair... along with the lid to my eye shadow tube!  Rob and I had to use everything in us not to throw up when we saw it.  Hope you fare better than we did! 
Moral of the story... add "clean out the pipes" to the home inspection list before you buy a house!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't believe you just posted that...and this is why! Todd just cleaned out my master bath sink pipes today! It has been plugged for months too and Drano didn't work either, I've just been using his! This afternoon he finally took it apart and it was my hair and it was yucky! What a coincidence and way too funny! I can't wait to tell Todd!

Kelly said...

I just saw that you follow my friend's blog. Brianne Stephens (BREE-IN). Do you know her?

Melanie said...

that is pretty gross. I'm with you on that. Fortunately I do NOT have a weak stomach. I bet you are Rob enjoyed it with the smell and all. :)

Juliana said...

oh disgusting... do you remember when the maintenance guys at liberty square came and pulled out one of those from our bathroom showers... the size of a full grown cat? It smelled the entire apartment. Were you living there then????

Cindy said...

Oh man Jaynee, that is so very nasty. I can't believe that was stuck in your pipes. Hopefully we don't find anything in our pipes anytime soon. We didn't put that on our inspection list before we moved in.