Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hailey's 6!

If Hailey's birthday had a theme, it would be: "It's MY party and I'll cry if I want to!"





















Today was Hailey's birthday and honestly... it was a nightmare. The day started off with Logan and Hailey eating breakfast at the table together and Logan yelling at Hailey, telling her to eat with her mouth closed. Then, she hit him, he hit her, and things just escalated from there. I seriously do not know what is wrong with our kids lately, but it is driving Rob and I CRAZY! The entire day, she kept hounding Rob to "get me this" or "get me that! It's MY BIRTHDAY!" (OH NO SHE DI-INT!)
So.... lunch time came around.... she wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese.... I "suggested" we go to McDonald's for lunch, then go tonight for dinner instead, (because it was PACKED and there was not a single parking space in the whole lot.) Judging by the humongous meltdown she had following my suggestion, we were able to see that this was not going to work for her. At this point, Rob and I just wanted to drive home and throw her in time out for the rest of her special day... but, being the loving, caring and kind {idiot} parents that we are, we proceeded to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. We finally DID find a parking spot, and went in and ordered our food, tokens, etc and had to "WAIT TO BE SEATED" for about 15 minutes. (I swear all of Spokane was at Chuck E's today.) So, I took the kids to play on some games while Rob waited for a table. Things actually went really well while we were there. The kids actually listened to us when we said it was time to take a break and come and eat some pizza. (Shocker!) They played and were happy the rest of the time. I'm glad we "gave in" to her meltdown, because it was just what they ALL needed. Tonight was very low-key. I had no energy to do a big dinner, etc.... so she opened her presents from us tonight and she will continue to get some more throughout the coming weeks. :) My mom and grandma are taking her on Monday to the Build-A-Bear workshop. She is soo excited! Then she's getting her tonsils and adnoids taken out in February, so after her surgery, she gets to get her ears pierced. She can't wait!!!
Happy Birthday Hailey! We love you soo much! You bring so much joy to our family! Here is a list of just a few of the things we love about you (when you're not having a meltdown!)

You love to laugh and have fun!
You have the cutest laugh in the world!
You're such a big helper! You do the dishes without complaining (most times), like to clean, vacuum, and do other 'projects' with Mommy.
You are independent and you know what you like and what you want
You're tough!
You aren't afraid to try new things!
You love to 'rock out' to music
You love to snow ski, swim, play soccer and basketball
You always think of nice things to do for others

Happy 6th Birthday Hailey Renee! This picture is proof that your brothers love you even though they hardly ever show it! :)



2 comments:

April said...

your posts have been so funny lately Jaynee...

you are making me dread having three kids. LOL.

Thank you for being so real. I am sick of the blogs where everything is fairytale land.

I love you. When is your baby due? May? I keep thinking you are going to have it any day. How are you feeling? Pregnancy is NOT fun. maybe 20% of the time when you feel the baby kick...but that is about it.

It's the final count down...

Chari said...

I know what you mean about Chuck E. Cheese, we were actually there on Saturday also...Sam got invited to a b-day party. CRAZY!!! After that I swear I'm never going on a Saturday afternoon again!