I now have a teeny, tiny, little glimpse into how hard it would be to be a single parent.... (or to have a husband in the Bishopric, etc.)
Rob gave a talk in sacrament meeting today.... need I say more?
Probably not, but I'm going to anyways... so I have this lovely experience documented to hold it above my children's heads for the REST OF THEIR LIVES!!!!
The kids were.... let's just say that I considered leaving church and dropping them off at an orphanage. As if being 34 weeks pregnant, Rob giving a talk, and me having to teach Relief Society wasn't enough stress for the day, the kids did not obey anything I asked of them. Hudson yelled that he "wanted to go see DADDY!!!!" from the time we sat down to the time sacrament was over. This was intermingled with: Logan telling Hudson that he's not in his "club", Hailey continually running back and forth between where we were sitting and where her Primary teachers were sitting, Hudson pushing the "ALARM" button on his spy watch over and over again, (whoever made toys that make sounds needs to be tortured), Logan loudly asking "Why are you being so mean to me?" (in my defense, I was just 'ignoring' him telling on Hailey), Logan smashing his fruit snacks in between his hands, Hailey grabbing Logan's "favorite picture" from him and him hitting her to show that it wasn't right of her to do that... I could go on, but I think that this is enough for them to know how naughty they were and how mean they were to mommy today. Nothing a good cry can't help...
On the bright side:
*Rob's talk was sooo awesome. I am so lucky to have him as my eternal companion.
*Hudson did GREAT going #1 and #2 at church today. I put a pull up on him just while we were at church and I wasn't sure if he would use it as a 'crutch', but he did awesome!!! I am soo excited that he's potty trained, I can't even tell you! Now I'm just hoping that he doesn't "regress" when the baby comes! *sigh*
*Also, I feel that my lesson went really well. The spirit was very strong and the sisters loved talking about Our Heavenly Father and His love for us.
It's going to be a good day.......... ha ha ha, who am I kidding? As I type this, we are telling Hailey and Hudson that it's nap time and they're both crying uncontrollably and yelling "NO!"
Gotta love Sundays! I hope yours is/was better than mine! :)


4 comments:
I'm with you Jaynee. All the way. I didn't know you teach Relief Society- I bet you are an amazing teacher.
He he he he he....I think it's funny. But, alas...I didn't have to go through it. Of course it's easier to see the humor in it. :)
I think that I need an alarm button on my spy watch, just for emergencies like this one.....lol
OHHH and for the record I don't believe a word of what you say....your children can do no wrong.....
I LOVED reading this post Jaynee. It will be 4 years in the Bishopric for Ben in May. He was called before I was pregnant with Logan. It has been a long hard journey with Sacrament Meeting. He will be released when Logan is 4. He missed all the fun:)
Post a Comment