I am normally smart enough to not take my kids shopping at the mall with me, but today.... I thought I'd be ok, just going to one store. I promised the kids that we'd get ice cream afterwards if they were good. (it was 'free cone day' at Ben & Jerry's).
So, I went to my "store" and didn't find what I was looking for. As we're heading out the door, I notice a rack of jeans that look like they might be "my new favorite pair". As I take a pair off the hanger, Logan screams and lets out a wail of a cry that scared me to death, as I thought he must have gotten stabbed or something. I ran over to him and ask what happened, and he says that Hailey sprayed perfume in his eye! All the while, forgetting that I have the pair of jeans in my arms, the alarm goes off in the store because they think I'm stealing the jeans out of the store! So, I say, "We're leaving!" Then Hailey starts screaming crying because she thinks I mean that we're not going to get ice cream now. Anyways, after convincing Logan that he's not going to die from perfume in his eye and explaining to Hailey that we are still going to get ice cream (besides, I needed it more than anyone by now!), we head up to Ben & Jerry's. Boomer, who is the mascot for the hockey team here, is there to greet us when we get to the top of the escalator. Logan and Hailey love Boomer, but Hudson started screaming his head off. As fast as I can, I turn to find Ben and Jerry's... and what do you know, there's a line about a mile long to get a free cone. I hurry to get in line and there's a guy on a microphone (who I thought was so annoying because I thought he was just a crazy downtown man, talking on a microphone), and amidst what I thought was just jibberish, I hear him say "A 5 dollar or more donation to the Wishing Star Foundation gives you front-of-the-line privileges!" By some miracle, I happen to have a 5 dollar bill in my pocket and I say I want to make a donation and I get to go to the front of the line. I'm sure everyone who had been waiting in line forever was really liking me, but I didn't care. I had 3 kids with me and I NEEDED some ice cream, dang it! I hadn't had Ben & Jerry's for like 5 years, so I thought I'd just try "Half Baked"... um.... Ben & jerry? You guys are so awesome! That is my new favorite ice cream in the world! Bits of brownie, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, whoa. Let's just say I was feeling a little better.... Until the top scoop plopped down on the floor, that is. And to top off my whole experience of downtown Spokane today, I got a freakin parking ticket. Downtown aint what it's all cracked up to be, Petula! I need some more "Half Baked"....
3 days ago


12 comments:
I was just reading this outloud with Kenzie on my lap and she kept saying 'name of Jesus Christ Amen' that is what she says when she wants me stop talking...
ok this was hillarious Jaynee..I was totally reliving this whole experience with you...I HATE shopping with the girls...it is the biggest work out! I love shopping by myself now-
downtown sucks
Jaynee, you are hilarious. You are so brave to take all 3 kids to the mall alone!
Hilarious!!! I've been there and for some reason, I don't ever learn my lesson. Some how I think the next time will be different, but no...it's always a disaster! Good for you for trying...you'll just have to go back by yourself and buy your new favorite pair of jeans...or wait until So Cali baby!!
hahahahha you child abusive, chocoholic that steals. hahahha that will teach you to go to the mall!!!!
This is the kind of crap that happens to me. Maybe it is rubbing off!!!! I have learned that a successful trip is a very short trip!
Hi Jaynee I linked your blog, hope that's ok. I've been into blogging lately, it's a fun pass time. You're awesome.
JAYNEE!! Hey girl!! Did you guys move to Spokomptom?? LOL Yeah, I just called it that. :O) We will be moving to Wenatchee in about 6weeks so we'll be back in good old Washington, YAY!! We're sad to leave, we love it here, but happy to be close to family again. Sounds like you had an AWESOME trip downtown!! LOL ;O) Miss ya girl!!
Wait, did you move to Spokane? It seems that everyone I know is moving there. Is there something you know that I don't? I have a cousin there and also a friend from my ward over here that moved within the past 5 months. Crazy. You'll have to tell me where you moved to.
Sort of reminds me of the train ride with April and her two kids....I laughed just remembering what it was like to be a young mom. I love you Jaynee!
Have I ever told you that you are a dork! Why would you ever promise kids anything! haha. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same results? Why do we attempt to do these things with our kids? We are insane!!! Good job for making the effort.
That is so hilarious. I think you are so brave to take the 3 kids shopping... I hardly ever do it. And my trips are usually filled with threats and screaming too- but the screamer is usually me!
this little post made me feel a little better that I'm not the only one this happens to. Thanks for keeping in touch. -Kim
HAHAHAHA THAT IS SOOOOO FUNNY JAYNEE!!!! YEAH KIDS AND SHOPPPING DONT MIX!
Post a Comment