Friday, February 15, 2008

I was lost, and now I'm found


Have you ever heard of someone stating that the art of losing things is hereditary? Well, all of us kids used to tease my mom so bad for losing things. "Where's my purse?" "Have you seen my glasses?" "Do you know where the garage door opener is?" You name it, she would lose it. (And she still does!) Anyways, I regret to report that I have inherited this bad trait. About a month ago, I lost my keys... Car keys, house keys, mail key, even one of my parents' house keys, LOST. I could not find them ANYWHERE!!! I was sick about it. I kept worrying that someone could break into our house or steal our car or something awful. I looked in every nook and cranny of the car, looked in all the kids' toy boxes, (because I've caught Hailey with them a few times before, to play "house" with), all throughout the entire house, all my coats, my purse, EVERYWHERE! I kept praying that I would be able to find them.... I was seriously thinking about having all of our house keylocks changed... So, this morning, my grandma called me and asked me if I'd lost any keys. Oh my gosh, words cannot express my utter relief. We had gone to the mall about a month ago, and my grandma let me borrow her coat, and at some point, I had put my keys in the pocket of her coat. I remember now, that, at the time, I had a spare set of keys in my purse, so I didn't even realize that it wasn't the same set that had my house key on it. I love when prayers are answered. I'm so thankful that Grandma thought to call me and ask me if they were mine. She just happened to put the coat on today, because she was going to a dr. appt. Isn't it amazing how things happen? I am so grateful for this answer to my prayers.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hello! I just found your blog on Aubree's site. How are you doing?

Heather said...

Jaynee--I lose my keys everyday, it's now just part of my routine. Shane laughed at your post and said that sounds like me. By the way do you think your Grandma knows where my cell phone is?????

April said...

oh you have no idea...I am the worse at losing things- I just don't think where I put things...my mind is always off in la la land- I have lost so many things it's just retarded.